Winter is definitely on its way!
That can mean only one thing…. slow cooker season!
We absolutely LOVE our slow cooker… it is the perfect piece of kitchen equipment for the busiest of lifestyles and you can make so many tasty, healthy and convenient meals in it – what’s not to love?
The best part is, you can make a large batch of food, portion it and chill / freeze it for your week ahead!
Here’s our recipe for a super quick, hearty, delicious but low calorie BEEF CASSEROLE. There are just THREE simple steps to this recipe… it really is that simple. Give it a go!
– 450g diced casserole beef
– 1 large chopped onion
– 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
– 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
– 3 parsnips, peeled and sliced
– 1 can of chopped tomatoes (puréed)
– 2 beef stock cubes
– 1/2 tsp salt – 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 3 cups of water
– Place beef, onion and water in the slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour
– Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on medium for 7 hours
– Serve and enjoy!